As wedding caterers in Devon we know how important it is to keep our flavours and menus fresh and flawlessly executed and we take inspiration from many places.
So what’s hot and what’s not for 2016’s brides? We scoped the catwalks for bridal gown trends, the kitchens for menu winners and the files of wedding organisers for trendsetting decor and entertainment ideas - so here goes!
Wedding themes for 2016
Hot colours for 2016 include dusty pink, which is ideal for vintage and shabby chic weddings. Also hot is electric purple, a difficult colour to work with, but an amazingly rich palette, particularly for spring (paired with willow green) and winter (paired with pure white).
Many Brides and Grooms not only want food that is delicious but also food that reflects who they are or where they are going. Many are trying to tell their story on the plate, for example charting their romance in courses like a journey for a sit down meal or for a buffet or hog roast having sides that reflect all the places they have visited together.
As the Royal Wedding still influences bridal gowns, it is also true that in wedding menus a little luxury is often requested, lobster, truffles, saffron and caviar can all be used in small amounts to reflect a little luxe throughout the meal.
2. Your wedding caterers can build it into their plans, so you know you’re getting professional staff.
3. It can include any type of food you like.
• Ice cream, particularly local and organic ice creams and frozen yoghurt alternatives
• Beverages, such as a tea tasting station for afternoon weddings, with different teas served mini scones and cakes
• Lemonade stalls with a range of flavours from cocktail lemonades for adults through to pink, mint and cherry lemonade for kids, and - of course - lemonade floats!
• Decorate your own cupcake stations are also becoming more popular.
If you are planning a 2016 (or beyond) Wedding talk to us today about your wedding menu planning. We are experienced, professional wedding caterers serving Devon and the South West and we can match great food ideas with your wedding theme to create a fantastic experience for you and your guests.
Phone: 01271 858505
Leave a Comment