Devon Wedding Catering Ideas
Wedding Breakfasts have been part of the traditional wedding day for a very long time. A meal that is shared with all the friends and family that have come together to share your special day, depending on your wedding venue and wedding caterer the wedding breakfast can be a selection of your favourite foods or the food can be matched to your theme in interesting and unique ways.
The meal that follows your wedding ceremony is known as the wedding breakfast, the name comes from the past when traditionally the wedding ceremony was held after mass, the whole wedding party would fast before mass and so for the bride and groom this was their first meal. Today the name is kept as a reminder that this is the first meal for the newly married bride and groom, the first meal after the ceremony, as man and wife and so the name breakfast is kept.
No two wedding breakfasts are the same, your wedding breakfast should be unique to you and reflect you as a couple in your tastes, likes and dislikes. Normally the meal consists of a starter, main and dessert course and finished with the speeches and a glass of champagne for the toasts. But this format is by no means set in stone and you should always feel free to incorporate what works for you on your special day, a great wedding caterer like Devon Catering can really help bring your ideas to life and keep all your guests well fed throughout your day.
For Fresh Ideas - http://www.twitter.com/devon_catering
Key Wedding Breakfast Trends for 2014/2015 Weddings:
1. Cold Starters including salads and cold soups. Starters also served on shared platters are also becoming more popular.
2. Seasonal and Local are becoming key watchwords for modern brides most counties have great produce they are famous for, in Devon try incorporating local crabs into your Devon wedding breakfast.
3. Serving tapas style food without the Spanish influence is an up and coming trend many couples are embracing for a delicious and interesting way to serve the main meal.
4. Sweet tables are becoming less popular with the rise of the dessert table. Mini desserts all laid out on interesting dishes at different heights but with a similar flavour or colour influence can look and taste dramatic!
5. Nostalgic food is making a big comeback, food from childhood is making its way onto the Bride and Grooms plate, sausage and mash or fish and chips have a makeover to look incredible on the plate without losing that feel-good taste.
6. Street food is very popular at festivals and events, gone are greasy burger vans and in are gourmet dishes served in bowls and this feel can be incorporated into the wedding breakfast, you can even go as far as hiring a van to serve it out of.
7. If you choose to have your ceremony in the morning which can be very cost effective, then the wedding breakfast can easily become a wedding brunch, bring on the waffles and pancakes!
8. Feeding a crowd with a hog roast is as popular as ever, there is something very wholesome about using the whole animal, it is at the same time eco-friendly, decadent, delicious and cost effective and you can choose either a traditional or more unusual sides, and sauces to serve with the roast.
However you choose to celebrate your special day let Devon Catering advise you on the food options available to you.
Phone: 01271 858505
Leave a Comment